Sunday 3 October 2010

Wombwell Ings

Got up at 7:oo to got to Wombwell ins. I haven't been since late last year,early this year when it was iced over.
On the way to the hide heard/saw green woodpeckers, gulls, lapwings, woodys, blackbirds, moorhens and a nice flock of linnets + a few other things.
At the hide there were golden plovers and lapwings, gulls, wigeon, jackdaws, crows and very busy pied wagtail.
The,re were some Dunlins and some Dunlin style birds that I were unsure about. The cold hindered my birding along with the fact that there was so much water pouring din I could hardly see with the nak Ed eye. Not to mention dunlin style waders aren't my strongpoint. I don't think they were stints but they could have been sandpipers or ringed plovers?
Also saw a great view of a green woodpecker flying- they are beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment